Cowgar Family Adventures

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year's Eve!

We stopped at K-Mart after Luke got off work to pick up some diapers, and I wanted to get next weeks schedule. My schedule says to see the HR Manager for my hours. Ugh! I work 5pm-9pm on Friday, and the HR Manager gets off at 5pm, so I will more than likely go in a bit early to talk to her. I'm sure I am probably getting laid off since the holidays are over with. I thought I was seasonal help anyways, and I only have 4 hours this week, so it kinda looks like a will be a full-time stay-at-home-Mommy again. At least it updates the resume with some seasonal retail work, to keep me in the loop somewhat with the job world. We could use the money, but I think we will be a lot happier having me here all the time again.

We've worked a bunch the past couple days on switching the bedroom around. We put mud up on the walls and reorganized the furniture. I'm still going through some stuff, so I will post pictures after I have everything done. Tomorrow I hope to start pulling down Christmas decorations, but that will probably mainly happen on Friday.

Luke's buddy is supposed to come over tomorrow and talk photography for a bit, and then we will head up to Luke's parents house for some sauerkraut and pork for the New Year. We don't plan on doing much of anything this evening, besides cleaning up kids and toys I guess.

On a family note, Luke's brother's wife still hasn't had a baby yet! She is 11 days overdue now, and the midwife is concerned with high amniotic fluid levels and heart decelerations that she wants to deliver the baby at a hospital. We will all be heading up to Akron General for the big event, and if she doesn't go into labor before Tuesday, the hospital will induce her Tuesday. After 3 homebirths, this is quite the surprise. Hopefully everything will go smoothly, but going through two hospital births myself, I'm leary that something will go wrong, even if it's not a bad wrong, just something they didn't want done wrong. I'm a worry wort, I can't help it. I think that's it for now, I'll probably post Friday, after I get my next weeks "schedule".

No comments:

Post a Comment