Cowgar Family Adventures

Thursday, May 6, 2010

T-A Little Less Than 8 Days!

Today the FedEx man arrived at the door with our tickets and vehicle placard that will allow us into Kennedy Space Complex on the day of our launch! Pure Awesomeness!!! I must admit though, when they say vehicle placard, I think of some plastic/metal thing, but it's just a hot pink posterboard type paper with our arrival information and maps to the entrance gates. I would have thought NASA would have put more money into that. Oh well, I don't care, as long as it gets us in. So our basic itinerary is this:

Tuesday May 11th: Pick up minivan and pack...leave at midnight.

Wednesday May 12th: Drive, drive, drive, with multiple stops, making it to Daytona Beach by nightfall.

Thursday May 13th: I think we may hit the Brevard Zoo this day. We were going to try to get into the museum for a tour, but I don't think I want to risk something happening to our tickets if we use them before the launch date. We will hit Titusville in the evening for shots of the shuttle on the launchpad.

Friday May 14th: Launch Day and spending the day at the museum.

Saturday May 15th: Now our free day, we were going to do the zoo this day if we did the museum on Thursday, so right now I'm not sure what we are doing, but I know we will have some beach time here and there while we are there.

Sunday May 16th: Pack up and head towards home, we will drive as far as we can and get a hotel overnight, continuing our journey on Monday and hopefully be home in time to drop the rental off before they close at 6!

Now, we just need to make final preperations, and hopefully the dates don't change!

No comments:

Post a Comment