Cowgar Family Adventures

Friday, January 9, 2009

A job change and a new baby Cowgar

I am officially a stay-at-home-mommy again! In the end, it all boiled down to the emotional strain on the family, since I have been home for two years. We did some extensive talking and decided it was worth a lot more for me to stay home than to stick at a crap part-time (no hours this time of year) job. They had wanted to register train me, which means I could have picked up hours doing mandatory cashiering, which I did not want to happen. My feet can’t handle cashiering. The budget will be tight, but we can manage, and so far this week I have been really focused on the house and getting stuff done.

On a side note, Jeremy and Crystal finally had the baby! Claire Marie was born Monday, January 5th, at 10:36AM. She was 8lbs, 1oz and 21” long. They went to the hospital since they were considered high risk, but the birth was routine, no complications, and they were discharged later that day. She did great until this morning, when we got a call that they were concerned with a choking episode she had this morning. They couldn’t get it completely cleared fast enough, so 911 was called and they took her up to Akron Children’s Hospital for observation. The doctors think she may have reflux, so necessary precautions are being taken to help combat this without needing medication. Hopefully she outgrows it really soon. We hope to see the family tomorrow for Luke’s father’s birthday party, but we are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow tonight, and another 6-10 inches tomorrow, so I don’t know if the party will go on as scheduled or not. It’s coming down really good right now, and Luke is out taking some pictures.

Here is my favorite picture of Claire from the hospital, and the two pictures below are of the snow we had so far today, and Luke's artsy fartsy berry in the snow picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment